Emily Hoag
616.322.6000
Respect.
As an educator, one must love working with children.
A vital part of my teaching philosophy is respect for my students. I vow to be
respectful of my students’ backgrounds, their lives, their abilities, their
learning styles, and above all, the fact that they are children. Out of this
respect comes the ability to recognize that each of my students will have
different learning styles and as their teacher, I need to meet their needs,
whatever they may be. It is my goal to be able to reach children in different
ways in order to create a lifelong passion for learning.
Connections.
I
value the importance of creating and maintaining connections to each and every
one of my students in order to better inform my instruction as well as creating
a safe and productive learning environment in which all students feel valued.
If my students feel valued, they will work hard to meet my high, yet reasonable
expectations. I will do my best to provide my students with the tools they need
to be successful and meet those expectations, including spending extra time
with students who need extra attention and providing challenges to those who
need to be pushed. I believe that all students have different needs and I will
do my best to meet them.
Communication.
Another
important key in creating lifelong learners is working with parents. I view the
formation of a strong education as having three key components: the teacher,
the student, and the families of that student. Without any of those parts, a
successful education cannot be achieved. I respect that parents have an idea of
what they want their student’s education to look like and I will do my best to
work with parents in generating the best plan for their child to learn.
Communication is key in attaining this goal. I will keep the lines of
communication open with each and every parent in order to provide the best
opportunities for a student to learn.
Compassion.
One
of the most important components of my teaching philosophy is the compassion
and care I show to my students. As an educator, I play a key role in shaping
the lives of these students. By showing care and compassion for each and every
one of my students, I show my students that I care about more than just the
grade they get on a test. I want my students to know that when they enter my
classroom, they are in a safe place where they are cared about and respected as
more than just a student. This care and compassion will also help me to better
get to know my students and be more effective in my instruction. Students will
also be more susceptible to wanting to learn if they feel as if they are cared
about.
No comments:
Post a Comment