Monday, April 14, 2014

Cover Letter


Emily Hoag
616.322.6000
To Whom It May Concern,

I am pleased to be presenting my resume to you for your consideration as an Elementary School Teacher with your school. I am a graduate of Michigan State University’s College of Education and am certified to teach Kindergarten through fifth grade in all content areas and sixth through eighth grade in Social Studies with a History emphasis. With goals including providing students with the necessities to receive an outstanding education as well as building a passion for learning that will be lifelong, I am certain that I will be a valuable asset to your district as well as a great addition to your school.

As a graduate of Michigan State University’s prestigious five-year teaching preparation program, I have gained wide-ranging experiences in areas including working with students of diverse backgrounds, lesson planning, creating authentic and stimulating lessons, as well as building the foundation for students to become life-long learners. Throughout my experiences at Michigan State, I was able to work with a variety of diverse learners and gain experience that has helped me to be capable of understanding how to be actively involved in my students lives and best teach students in ways in which their needs are met, both academically and personally. During my yearlong internship, I was actively involved in my student’s lives and educational experience, planning standard-based lessons in all content areas to innovatively meet their needs. I also participated in other aspects of educational responsibilities including professional development, classroom management and parent communication.

In addition to my student teaching internship in a third grade classroom, I have experience working with students in second and fifth grades, all in urban settings. I was a member of the Urban Educators Cohort Program at Michigan State University and am confident in my ability to work with diverse students in urban areas. I believe that my education as well as my experiences makes me a valuable member of your educational team. I look forward to speaking with you to discuss this employment opportunity.

My greatest strengths as an educator include my passion for working with and motivating students to learn, as well as my respect for my students as individuals. All students learn in different ways, and my educational goals are to meet their needs in whatever way possible. I want to see my students be successful both in my classroom and in their daily lives and I make myself available to them in whatever ways they need, strengthening our connection and bettering my instruction. I actively engage my students in creative and enjoyable lessons that meet their needs.

Thank you for your time and consideration. Feel free to contact me by phone 616.322.6000 or by email hoagemil@msu.edu.

Sincerely,



Emily Hoag

No comments:

Post a Comment