Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Field Instructor Letter of Recommendation







April, 2014

To Whom It May Concern,

It is my pleasure to write this letter of recommendation for Emily Hoag.  She successfully taught in a third grade classroom at C A Frost Environmental Science Academy in the Grand Rapids Public School District for the 2013-2014 school years.

I was Emily’s Michigan State University Field Instructor and observed her teaching.  Emily’s successful performance is a direct result of her organizational skills and diligence.  She researched and planned her hands-on instruction so the students were challenged.  I saw an example of this when I observed her kinesthetic science lesson.  Emily had the students create a variety of ramps to run miniature cars.  She was thorough with her instructions, checked for understanding and patiently answered questions.   Emily let them explore, make predictions, and asked questions to guide their investigation.  All students were eagerly engaged as Emily challenged them to reach their goals.

Emily’s manner in the classroom was friendly and caring, but firm and consistent.  The strong relationships she built with her students were important.  The students knew she loved and respected them.  She could pick out the positives in each of her students and encourage them to do their very best.  Emily’s praise was evident in her voice and expression.  I observed Emily holding students accountable in the classroom and hallway.  She gave a warning first, and followed through with appropriate consequences.  This resulted in high on-task behaviors.  

It is with great enthusiasm and without reservations that I highly recommend Emily as an addition to your school.  Her genuine concern for her students and their abilities will truly be an asset.  I am honored to be a part of Emily’s teaching experience.  If you have further questions about Emily, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Sincerely,
Debra Niewiada
Field Instructor
Michigan State University
(616) 677-1701
(616) 826- 7251        

No comments:

Post a Comment